Tuesday, January 15, 2008

16 weeks!

Welcome, o bem-vindo, to the blog for Baby Spofford Xavier, currently nicknamed Azeitona and "Ezzie". Azeitoninha is 14 weeks old (our pregnancy is 16 weeks) and I am starting to feel her or him moving around. As I am from New York and Bruno is from Juiz de Fora, Brazil, our baby will be a true American. We plan to raise him or her as bilingual and bicultural. Later on in childhood, I hope to teach Azeitona Spanish as well.

We are VERY excited and our families are "doidas" to get to know this latest child, grandchild, cousin, and nephew or niece... On this blog, we will keep our families and friends updated about the pregnancy and infancy of our baby, post photos and videos, and so on.

At the beginning of February, we will have an ultrasound to determine the biological gender of the baby.

Until then, we are hoping to stay healthy, safe, and happy. The spring semester starts next week, icy conditions prevail, and memories of the Praia da Costa, mamão, suco de goiaba, and the song of the sabiá keep us warm...

No comments: