
Yesterday we got the chance to see a little more of Nicolas' (not his official name!) face, and especially his very chubby cheeks! Of course, he was still covering his face with his hands, that only partially show up in this 3D rendering. He is right in position, ready to go in the next few weeks. Since we are at 36 weeks now, we can expect him in between 2 and 6 weeks from now, if he is full term and doesn't decide to stick around indefinitely! His growth (and mine) has slowed down a bit, and he is around 6.5 pounds, although Dr. Cruz says this late in the pregnancy, the ultrasound is fairly inaccurate in predicting weight. In any case, he is not as giant of a baby as I was fearing!
We were really afraid he might arrive last Thursday, as I began to experience terrible pain while Bruno, my mom and I were out doing last minute shopping for the wedding. However, it seems he was just nestling down into place, or "dropping". Since then, I have been feeling fine-- just tired, and sometimes frustrated by my inability to accomplish as much as I would like to.
The carseat is installed, and now all we need is a diaper pail! Getting close! : ) We'll continue to post more news here!

No comments:
Post a Comment